The United States District Court for the District of Minnesota uses eVoucher, an electronic voucher processing system for CJA appointed cases. This site contains informational updates and training materials. These materials are intended as a guide. They refer to sections of the Guide to Judiciary Policy and to the Criminal Justice Act (18 U.S.C. 3006A). For more information, consult the CJA Plan.
CJA Contact: Lisa Smith, Panel Administrator (Federal Defender Office) 612-664-5859.
- Attorney CJA eVoucher User Manual
- eVoucher FAQs / Troubleshooting
- Changing Your Username and Password
- CJA Attorney PACER Accounts
- Requesting Travel
eVoucher Reference Guides
- Creating a CJA-20 (Attorney Claim) Voucher
- Creating a CJA-24 (Transcript) Authorization
- Service Provider (Expert) Authorizations
- Requesting Additional Funds
- Expert Service Provider Manual
Internet Browsers -- eVoucher is compatible with the following web browsers:
- Internet Explorer 10.1 with compatibility mode
- Internet Explorer 11
- Safari 10.1
- Chrome 62
- Firefox 57
- Edge 16
- https://cjaresources.fd.org/cjaort/index.html -- National CJA Reference Tool (includes rules and regulations)
- www.fd.org -- National Defender Services Office Division website
- Defender Services Training Branch Handout
- Public Disclosure of Attorney Fee Information (CJA19)
- Expert -- Memo for Excess Compensation
- Attorney -- Guidance for Writing Narrative Summary for Claim Voucher in Excess of Statutory Limit.
- CJA Subpoena Instructions
CJA 20 Rates & Compensation
Hourly Rates for Non-Capital Cases (effective 01/01/2020)
Case Compensation Maximums (Counsel and Non-Capital) as of 01/01/2020
|Post-conviction proceeding under 28 U.S.C. §§ 2241, 2254 or 2255||$11,800.00|
|Other representation as authorized by the CJA (including, but not limited to supervised release hearing, material witness, grand jury witness)||$2,500.00|
|Appeal (from felony, misdemeanor, post-conviction proceeding)||$8,400.00.|
|Appeal of other representation||$2,500.00|
Case Compensation Maximums (Experts) as of 02/15/2019
|With prior court authorization||$2,600.00 per expert|
|Without prior authorization, subject to subequent court review||$900.00 per case|
Capital Cases - Rates and Case Compensation Maximums
- Contact the Federal Defender Office for rates - 612-664-5859.
Case Budgeting and Interim Payments
- Contact the Federal Defender Office for additional information - 612-664-5859.