Have you considered joining the Federal Court System? We are seeking a diverse group of people with an interest in the important work of ensuring equal justice under law. If you share this same commitment, desire a meaningful career serving the public, and want the opportunity to make a difference for your community, consider a career with us. Ideal candidates are people with integrity, ethics and high energy that enjoy learning and working in a respectful, team-oriented environment.
The work of the Federal Court System is more varied than you might think. We have positions in Court Operations, Information Technology, Finance, Human Resources, and more. Explore our career opportunities and profiles.
Current Job Openings:
Current employment opportunities are listed below. For more information on a specific position, click on the position. The full vacancy announcement will be displayed.
- Administrative Support II (posted July 2, 2021)
- U.S. Probation Officer (posted July 2, 2021)
- SECOND CHAIR TRAINING PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Part Time Position) (posted June 11, 2021)
Highlights of Employee Benefits:
- The opportunity to serve in a rewarding public service position.
- 11 paid federal holidays.
- Accrual of paid vacation and sick leave.
- Extensive health, life, dental, vision, and long-term care insurance plans.
- A defined benefit pension plan.
- On-site fitness centers.
- Traditional (pre-tax) and Roth (after-tax) retirement savings and investment plans through the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) with employer matching contributions.
- Pre-tax transportation, medical, and childcare reimbursement accounts.
- Extensive on-line training options. Travel reimbursement for in-person training and professional conferences available, funds permitting.
- Subsidized transit program.
- Telework, alternative work schedules, and other workplace flexibilities.
Human Resources Department:
The Human Resources Department for the District of Minnesota recruits for all vacancies for the U.S. District Clerk's Office and the U.S. Probation and Pretrial Services Office. Please follow the application procedures when submitting application materials.
Positions are primarily in Minneapolis and St. Paul, with offices also in Bemidji, Duluth, and Fergus Falls. Vacancy announcements specify office location.
Employees of the United States courts must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident seeking U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens must execute an affidavit indicating their intent to apply for citizenship when they become eligible to do so.
Employment Dispute Resolution Plan
The U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, has adopted an Employment Dispute Resolution Plan which provides the dispute resolution mechanism for rights and protections enumerated under the Plan to ensure equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual harassment and sexual orientation), national origin, age (at least 40 years of age at the time of the alleged discrimination) or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, has adopted an Equal Employment Opportunity Plan which provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of their race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, or disability.
Electronic Fund Transfer:
Employees of the U.S. District Court are required to use the Electronic Fund Transfer for payroll deposit.
The Court is not authorized to reimburse travel expenses for interviews. Please note that final candidates will also undergo a background check and may be given a test to determine level of skill/knowledge.
For further information on career and employment opportunities with the U.S. District Clerk's Office or the U.S. Probation and Pretrial Services Office, District of Minnesota, please contact our Human Resources Office.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer