Hardware and Software Information
Filing documents into CM/ECF electronic filing systems requires the following hardware and software:
- A personal computer running a standard platform such as Windows or Macintosh.
- A PDF-compatible word processor like Macintosh or Windows-based versions of WordPerfect or Word.
- Internet service.
- Netscape Navigator version 4.6 or 4.7.( Netscape 6 is not recommended for use with CM/ECF.) The newest vesion of the CM/ECF system for bankruptcy courts has been certified to be compatible with Internet Explorer 5.5. District court systems are currently being tested to certify compatibility.
- Software to convert documents from a word processor format to portable document format (PDF). Adobe Acrobat PDF Writer is recommended. Acrobat Writer Version 3.X, 4.X and 5.0 adequately meet the CM/ECF filing requirements.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available for free, is needed for viewing PDF documents.
- A scanner may be necessary to create electronic images of documents that are not in your word processing system.