To obtain Media Access:
- Fill out a Media Access - Registration Form and E-mail this completed form to email@example.com with a subject line of: Attention: Media Access. (the form also needs to be updated)
- Register for an individual PACER account or upgrade your current PACER account. Complete a request for Non-Attorney E-File Registration through PACER. Once the court has both the registration form (emailed to the ecf helpdesk) and the request for Non-Attorney E-File Registration (submitted through PACER), your media access request will be processed. If approved, you will receive a message from the Court through your PACER account.
- In order to receive e-mail notices, additional ECF account configuration is required. A primary e-mail address must be on record and specific case numbers designated.
NextGen PACER Links
- Frequently Asked Questions > PACER > NextGen ECF
- Electronic Learning Modules on PACER changes
- Improvements Coming to PACER and ECF
Court: 612-664-5155 or 1-866-325-4975
Attention Media Access user accounts obtained prior to October 5, 2015:
The U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota will upgrade to NextGen ECF on October 5, 2015. No immediate action is required for members of the media. However, to update your e-mail configuration you will need to follow these steps:
- Obtain your own individual PACER account or upgrade your existing PACER account.
- Know your current ECF Login and Password.
- Use the password reset utility if you have forgotten.
- Email or call the court if you have forgotten your ECF login.
- On or after October 5, 2015 – Link your PACER account with ECF.